TNSI Project funded by POCTEFA 2014-2020
BihurCrystal is to lead TNSI (Trans-pyrenean Node for Scientific Instrumentation), a project funded in part by the EU’s FEDER funds within the POCTEFA 2014-2020 program. TNSI brings together research centers and small businesses in the Spanish-French border region to form a technological node focusing on nanotechnology, advanced materials and advanced manufacturing.
The consortium is made up of 8 partners and 2 associate partners:
- BihurCrystal, San Sebastián, Spain
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
- Centro de Física de Materiales (CSIC-UPV/EHU), San Sebastián, Spain
- Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Aragón (CSIC-UZ), Zaragoza, Spain
- Institut de Ciència de Materials de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- Centre National de Recherche Scientifique,
- Centre d’Élaboration des Matériaux et des Études Structurales, Toulouse, France
- Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia, Bellaterra, Spain
- Graphene Nanotech, Zaragoza, Spain
- Consorcio para la Construcción, Equipamiento y Explotación del Laboratorio de Luz de Sincrotrón, Bellaterra, Spain
- Universidad de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
- ISP System, Vic en Bigorre, France
- CtechNano, San Sebastián, Spain (associate partner)
- Donostia International Physics Center, San Sebastián, Spain (associate partner)
The project will carry out the following main activities:
- Pre-competitive research: the consortium’s research centers and small businesses will collaborate to explore the technical and economical potential of technologies developed in research settings.
- Fundamental research: the consortium’s research centers will integrate products developed by the small businesses into their research activities, and offer feedback that will allow improving the products and expanding their market reach
- Training: a bidirectional personnel exchange between the research centers and the small businesses will help develop skills and ease the transition from academia to industry.
Read more about TNSI on the project webpage, www.tnsi-poctefa.eu